Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pretty Happy

Would have been perhaps a bit happier if when I went online at 4:00 this morning I had seen my Lotto numbers lined up in last night's drawing. But I can wish myself a "Happy Birthday" anyway, and Google seemed to be doing that as well, with their name spelled out in celebratory pastries this morning. I assume this is for everyone to see, so who knows what other birthday is being toasted on this date - other than the late Liz Taylor and the far "later" Henry Longfellow. So far, I haven't seen any explanation for Google's sweet offerings.

Sleep during the night was minimal and fitfull for me due to too much on my mind and too many sore muscles from hard work on the patio refurbishing we've been doing the last two weeks. Got the new gazebo up yesterday and stablized against potentially high winds; now it's raining lightly on our unfinished raw ground where I need to get a stronger fellow to put down some flagstone. We're likely to have a down-pour that will halt all progress on the work for days. Looks as though we will be entertaining guests in less-than-lovely conditions.

One of the closest friends of my youth is due to arrive here tomorrow, along with her new guy I haven't met. In fact, I haven't even seen Anita since 1968, and it's only through the Internet that we have reconnected recently. Now I know she has been twice widowed and is a retired law enforcement veteran of many years in Wisconsin. They have driven out to Arizona for visiting & sight-seeing and now are heading here and all around California to visit friends and family. I'm glad our long friendship can have this brief re-visit over this one weekend, and that "'Niter" will help me celebrate turning 69 - which happened officially a few hours ago.

Happy Birthday to us, including Liz, Hank and all other Google friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment