Monday, December 15, 2014

Holding Pattern

My Friends,

I'm forcing myself to place this here today just to reach and calm a few who care. The profound weakness in my body prevents my glib banter and more casual comments about my health. I'm also simply unable to keep up on much personal contact. And frankly I didn't want to put out any new update until it could be more positive.

Later today I am to visit UCLA Med Center to begin treatments in the more serious experimental medicine that may be able to fight off my cancer. Two preliminary infusions of a milder type have supposedly prepared me for the strong stuff. However, the second of those, received last Thursday, could be the culprit in throwing off my digestion; as of today, I cannot keep anything in my stomach and I will be surprised if my doctor doesn't send me straight to emergency to get re-hydrated at least.

This is all I can say for now. I know some folks get extremely concerned when there are such long lapses in communication, and I appreciate that concern. Trust me to get back as soon as anything can be reported.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mark, Sending my most positive thoughts and best wishes that the treatment you are beginning will be successful and send the lung cancer fleeing from your body!! Also, that your body will rally and gain strength to perform its own healing miracle.
    Joyce Rutter

    ReplyDelete