Sunday, April 22, 2012

Miss Representation

So - -  If I appear in drag and ask for your vote, might I win the title of Miss Representation?  It would be very fitting, although I'm sure the clothes would not.

Yes, I meant to spell it out in the way it is above.  Because that is the well-thought-out and interesting title of a new documentary film about women and sexism in our society.  Jennifer Siebel Newsom, director (creator) of the film and website, Miss Represention, was interviewed on a cable news show on Sunday, April 15th and has since been well covered in a number of media outlets.  So rather than try to write a new, longer blog today, I ask that you check out this important effort to achieve balance in our world of inequality.  My own feelings on the mistreatment and under-appreciation of females have been clearly stated in earlier blog entries.  The work being done by Miss Newsom will go far beyond what I might write in my small corner of blogland.

Good cheer to you on this beautiful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment