Thursday, October 24, 2013

Giant Weight Reduced

Heading to the oncologist appointment a few hours ago, I was unaware how much I had dwelt on the phone call of Tuesday - telling me I would be getting a call from the radiology department to set up an appointment.

Radiation. The biopsy of my lymph glands, performed two weeks ago, must have revealed a new spread of cancer - now I need radiation to fight it off while it is still newly developed. The weight of this news was heavy on my mind. As often happens, the caller was not aware that no earlier contact had been made to tell me the lymph nodes were clear. So today's visit was to allow the oncologist to confirm that all was looking very good and that I will undergo a precautionary radiation therapy on only the shoulder area where the original tumor had been removed. Therefore, I am not expected to see the cancer folks again for six months and then only as a further precaution against something unknown and unforeseen.

Cancer-FREE. Sounds too good to be true after ten months and three surgeries. But then, I am still being studied by the urologist and the gastro-interologist. Will proceed with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment