Monday, November 11, 2013

Memories

Not getting sentimental suddenly - just heard an old song and felt like commenting.

Though music affects me tremendously and I have previously pointed out songs that particularly inspire or entertain me, by far the most dramatic two lines of any song in my memory are the opening two of a song that I believe carries that title: "Memories."

For sheer poetry and semetry, how could anyone best these two lines: Memories, crushed between the pages of my mind - Memories, sweetened through the ages just like wine - Those words were masterfully arranged.

Not far behind that example of the tunesmith's art are the words from a real oldie but goodie - probably from the 1940s - entitled (you guessed it) "Memories." Memories, memories - dreams of love so true - O'er the seas of memories I'm drifting back to you ... Nice!

Since memories can be so powerful to us humans, it's only right that song writers spend a good deal of time and extra-special effort on the subject. Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment