Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th, and All That Stuff

Certainly the locals had to wonder why I was one of those standing in almost unpresentable casual clothing in my driveway, waving and shouting "Happy 4th" instead of having my golf cart decorated like theirs and being part of the parade. Truth is, I needed this day off! My cell phone is even staying turned off and I am enjoying one of those uncommon days of no obligations. Truth is, I'm exhausted from all the time I stay "on duty" when anyone calls because I need to be that kind of servant if I am to earn even a nominal living here in this little community over the coming years.

At least we are near to having the status of "home-owners" added to our family resume; with a little luck we will very soon sign papers and take proper possession of this property we have enjoyed for nearly nine years. Then we may just have a future, here or wherever we may choose to go if and when we sell the home. But we are nearer to a comfort zone than we have been in many years.

So HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY to one and all! I'm certainly all for independence!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mark I read your comments on the WCG and found this site.Everyone has a story and many are of the 'hard luck', variety.Re 'repressed memories' of sexual abuse I would suggest these are probably in most cases the 'wish-fulfillment of the hysteric',(after Fenichel (1946)'The Psychoanalytic Theory of Neurosis'. Of course sexual abuses do occur-far too many, but these memories are not repressed
    rather the emotions associated with them are and it is this that has such a negative in the lives of many.Sexual abuse,physical abuse,verbal abuse neglect.criticism, unfair treatment, lack of genuine affection, poverty and hunger all combine to bring about personality disorders some of which are amenable to psychoanalysis (Fenichel). Some might say psychoanalysis is a cult and this may be true in part-it might be thought of as the religion of the irreligious.Religious people do lead lives of self delusion.The truth is often hard and difficult to face.For some it may be preferable to being confronted by the law and legal system or to a lesser extent the medical system.Either way in the circle of life 'what goes around comes around' and misdeeds often come back to bite one.The results must then be managed as best they may be.My regards to you. Karl R. Wood

    ReplyDelete